photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chocolate Macaron Turned into Brownies Macaron

Today I felt very confidence in making chocolate macaron for the in-laws for Jewish holiday celebration "Yumkipur." A few days a go I made Pumpkin Spice and Praline Cream macarons and they turned out to be perfect macarons {here}.

But the chocolate macarons I made turned into brownies macarons. The macarons won't form feet as it supposed to be. But it surprisingly taste delicious just like chewy brownies. I can only suspect that I used an old chocolate powder that caused feetless shape of macarons. Lesson learned that never used old, damp ingredients like almond meal, flour, powdered sugar, etc. I did put the almond meal in the oven for about 3 minutes with temperature 240 deg. but I did not warm the chocolate powder to take the moist out.

Meanwhile, I took a few shots of my old 'Praline Cream with Pear Cream Cheese filling.' I have these cute little bowls  that I want to shoot and style the macarons with. So here are some pictures of them.







This is a quick post and I want to share with you what the 'failed feetless chocolate macaron but tastes delicious' looks like.



Really, they aren't so bad looking at all once they sandwiched together except they do not have feet. And tastes just like delicious chocolate brownies especially with chocolate ganache filling inside. I still want to give them to my in-laws. My father in-law is a chocolate lover. He will eat anything 'chocolate!' And I am sure he will like these 'brownies macarons.'


I have made a successful chocolate macaron in the past and in case you want recipe; you can find it here and here.

Thank you so much for stopping by !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!